The trucking market in the United States continues to face challenges due to a capacity shortage. These challenges are impacting SeaLand’s ability to deliver cargo on time for store door services. The U.S. truck market is experiencing an unprecedented shortage in truck capacity, due to the following factors:
- A healthy U.S. economy has contributed to a nationwide shortage of drivers
- December 18, 2017 U.S. federal mandate for implementation of ELD (Electronic Log Data) has impacted driver productivity
- Congestion at terminals and rail ramps has further limited maximum productivity during drivers’ work hours
- Increased street dwell has reduced chassis availability
Despite the above challenges, SeaLand remains committed to delivering as your single partner from end to end. Our commitment to you is to act as a true partner in defining the new normal within the current trucking landscape and to remain agile as it evolves. In order to secure our promise to deliver against your store door needs, we will introduce an increase to our inland tariff, effective April 14, 2018.
SeaLand offers the following suggestions to aid in managing supply chains, during this challenging time:
- Ensuring final delivery locations are ready to receive drivers to limit waiting times
- Offering flexible receiving times at warehouse locations
- Clearing cargo at port of discharge vs. Inland CY location, allowing for additional lead time to secure truck power
- Submitting complete, timely delivery orders to SeaLand via email@example.com to allow ample time for confirming truck power
- Utilization of available rail products to minimize distance needed to be covered by truck
Despite the operational constraints presented in the trucking market, you have our commitment to strive for compliance with your booking requirements. We will continue to actively monitor the situation and provide timely updates on changes that may impact your supply chain.
If you have any questions, our SeaLand Representatives are prepared to take care of you. Give us a call, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.